Tuesday, November 8, 2011

New decor for the Guest Bath


I redecorated the guest bath AGAIN.  I seem to change things around in there more than any where else.  I went to Home Goods and bought a floor candle holder.


I changed out all the red decor and went with cream and browns with touches of green.  I'm leaning towards a cotton Christmas and wanted everything to be the color of cotton.  Another thing I did was changed the curved shower curtain rod out for two standard rods. One for the plastic shower curtain and the other is for decorative curtain.  I jumped on the drop cloth band wagon and purchased one at Lowe's.  I think it was under $10.00. I just folded it over and used drapery rings with clips to hang it.




Next I decided since this bathroom was no longer being used on a regular basis that it didn't need a clock in it any more.  So, I put a shelf with some decorative hooks up.


Then I added a picture frame that I had embellished with some left over ribbon from my fall Deco Mesh wreath that I made and a cross.  The two little girls in the picture are my mother and her little sister.





I changed out some of the decorations in the cabinet.  Just some small changes, nothing big.  I added the zebra and fleur-de-lis candle holders on the right and the harlequin pattern vase with a cross on it to the left with my little lamp and changed the cabinet hardware to a cream color.








Lastly, I added a harlequin rug and a little round table I picked up at TJ Maxx for $7.00 (which the tag said was 90% off) because the top was separated. I glued it with wood glue and now it's good as new.



I love it.  But, who knows what it will look like a month from now.  Changing things around keeps them fresh because you see them in a new light. That's what makes decorating so fun.

Blessings,
Theresa

Linking up to:
A Bowl Full of Lemons
Between Naps on the Porch
The Shady Porch

Chic on a Shoestring
2805
Type A Decorating
Debbie Doos

9 comments:

  1. Theresa, this looks great!! LOVE that picture frame! I think you have inspired me to jazz up some of mine for the holidays! I'm a huge fan of harlequin patterns, as well. I just love all of your decor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow it looks amazing.. did you make the picture frame bow, how did you do that

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your guests will surely feel pampered! Very pretty! I love the rug. I'm like you, I have to keep changing things...it's fun! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad 2805's party brought you my way!!! Your bathroom is GORGEOUS! So inviting! I'm loving that your blog ~ Tuscan Cabin ~ LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! I'm your newest follower and would love for you to follow me, too on your next visit!!!

    Aimee @ ItsOverflowing.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Theresa, I like this look with its natural theme. I sure wish I had a ginormous cabinet like yours. Lots of room for display and storage! HOw sweet that you used that old photo of your mom and aunt, too. Adds just a touch of personalization! :-)
    Still like your red background- wonder why? LOL
    ~ Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Theresa!
    I just now found your beautiful blog and love it. Gorgeous home and decor you have. I adore your style.

    Stop by my blog anytime as well. You are always welcome my friend.

    Warmly, ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bathroom is so pretty! The colors and natural elements blend so beautifully. I especially like the addition of the picture of your Mother and her sister! Old family pictures are such wonderful treasures!

    I appreciate your participation at Potpourri Friday and hope you will make it a weekly party stop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have wonderful style; wonderful job on the bathroom especially the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous bathroom. Great color scheme and you have decorated it so tastefully. Thanks for sharing with my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete