Sunday, March 30, 2014

Guest Bedroom #2

I've been redecorating one of the guest bedrooms. We have company coming tomorrow and I wanted to get it ready before they arrived. 




 I bought a lot of new things, but, the Rose Tree bedding I purchased from Tuesday Mornings a few years ago. I turned the comforter over to show the stripes the other side has flowers. I bought the ottoman at TJ Maxx it was marked for clearance, $99.00 (not a thing wrong with it, even had extra nails). Another one just like it was a few feet away, but was full price ($129.00).



 This room gets morning sun so I have to make sure that the blinds and curtains are closed before guests go to bed or they get woke up by Mr. Sunshine first thing in the morning. The curtains and dark brown pillows are from Home Goods.



I bought a pair of lamp's from Ross but, didn't like the way the two of them looked on each side of the bed. So, I kept the new one on the left side and took the one that was on the dresser and used it on the right side of the bed.



The basket holds my daughters mail until she gets here to get it.



I've thought about painting this armoire.  But, when I see it in pictures I just like the way it looks.



Here's a couple of close-ups of the vignette on top of the armoire.

The blue bottle was the only new purchase here. The radio was my husbands grandfathers, the mare and colt, and grapevine topiary were purchased at Hobby Lobby probably 3 or 4 years ago,



and the mirror came from Goodwill, of all places.



The dresser and the right night stand were my husbands grandparents. I would like to paint them and re-stain the top a darker color.



The dresser lamp I bought at Ross a few months back to put on the kitchen counter top. But, while I was playing musical lamps, it got moved to the dresser, who knows where something will look good until you try it, right.




 The birdcage came from Michael's yesterday (they were on sale for 50% off).  I filled it with some left over moss and twig balls from another project.



One last look at the dresser.



OKAY, NOW FOR SOME RANDOM CUTENESS 
This is my view from my back porch



There are a lot of  babies. Although, they're growing fast.


I hope everyone has a great week. 


Thanks for stopping by
Theresa

1 comment:

  1. Hey Theresa! Not sure why this post didn't pop up for me when you put it up! Glad to see that you are ok! The guest room looks great! I love all of the family heirlooms that you used. You really have some great accessories in there! Hope to hear from you more!

    ReplyDelete