Thursday, December 1, 2011

Kitchen Remodel Part 1

 A lot has been going on at our home and just before Thanksgiving we started a kitchen upgrade.


My parents built this home when I was in my teens and we purchased it from them a little over 5 years ago. I remember watching my dad drive the 9" nails through the logs with a sledge hammer and my mom and I hanging wallpaper. We had the floors redone a few years ago and it's taken some time to figure out what we wanted to do with the rest of the kitchen exactly.  Then one day I had that ah ha moment. I milled over (I know) hundreds of photos so I could show our general contractor what I wanted.

This is what it looked like just before they took the 21" bar out

This is what it looks like now with the new 24" cabinet where the old bar was and a 21" bar top

I hope to get the backsplash up and a bar post installed before my side of the family comes for Christmas on the 17th and my husbands on the 25th.


Oh, and we had a exhaust fan installed also. But, I'm so happy with what we've gotten done so far that I just had to share it with you guys. 





After Christmas I'll paint the rest of the bottom cabinets black and get new hardware. What do you think, should I paint the upper ones also or leave them as is or paint them another color (if so what color)? The backsplash will be tumbled travertine with bronze accent tiles.

I'm excited to see what you think :)

Blessings,
Theresa

Linking To:
A Bowl Full of Lemons
The Blackberry Vine
House of Grace
Type A
Savvy Southern Style
The Shady Porch
Handy Man, Crafty Woman


1 comment:

  1. Wow, Theresa! What a great transformation! This looks great! I love the look of the black cabinet! And you were still able to have a bar top. The backsplash you described is going to be awesome with that! Can't wait to see it all done!!

    ReplyDelete