Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Ready for Christmas Breakfast

I hope your MORE ready for Christmas than I am. Wow, I have no excuse for not being ready, except that I go and look but just don't know what to buy for everyone.  But, I think tomorrow I should be able to wrap up all the shopping that I need to get done, I guess I kinda have to.

So, I thought I would set up our Christmas breakfast table today while I was procrastinating thinking of what I might possibly get for the last remaining love ones. Speaking of love, I love getting up on Christmas morning and having a nice breakfast like my mom used to fix with eggs, white gravy, coco gravy, bacon, sausage, homemade biscuits, and coffee.


I've decorated with pears and apples this year in the kitchen and dining room.



Last year I found these coffee cups and bowls at Home Goods and I've paired them with dinner plates and dessert plates that I got at Krogers.





I set out some of the Fritz & Floyd salt and pepper shakers that I collect.




I brought in my birdcage from the back porch that I bought at First Monday last March, washed it and put my extra plates and cups in it.


I even set a couple of place settings on the bar so I can sit and have lunch tomorrow and not have to mess up the table.



I've had family in visiting, a party with about 50 people this past weekend and now I have until Friday to get my house back in order before some more family comes in and then family Christmas on Sunday afternoon. We've cleared out the garage and I've actually decorated it with Christmas decorations, a tree and  three tables.

I hope every one has a very Merry and Blessed Christmas.

Theresa

Linking up to:






5 comments:

  1. Love your profile comment about decorating your room and Barbie house. I too trace my obsession with decorating and "playing house" to Barbie and my imagination. I hope all young people continue to explore their creativity in wonderful ways. Your home is beautiful, especially the light over your table and the delightful shakers that you collect. Thanks for posting, sharing, and inspiring. ~CJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theresa, I love all of your decor here!! So fun and whimsical! Love those Fitz and Floyd pieces for Christmas! And your dishes are so pretty!!! I like how you used the birdcage...very cute!! Sounds like you've got a lot going on!! I wish you and your family a Very Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty your home is. This will be a most Merry Christmas breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you did with your chandelier! This is a truly charming table. You've come a long way from Barbie :-)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete